IP & Trademark Lawyer In Greenville, SC – What You Need To Know
Are you looking for the best IP & Trademark lawyer in Greenville, SC? Well, you have come to the right place. The Law Office Of James Stone Craven, LLC is responsible for handling any intellectual property and trademark cases in Greenville SC. Here’s what you need to know about this area of law and what we can do for you.
What Is Intellectual Property?
As intellectual property lawyers, we are experts trained in handling any legislative matters or regulations to protect your creations from intellectual theft. Intellectual property is any creation of your mind whether inventions, artistic works, literary works, symbols, images, names and designs used in commerce.
IP & Trademark Lawyer in Greenville, SC
Intellectual property is categorized into two.
• Industrial Property – It includes inventions and their patents, industrial designs, trademarks and geographic indications of source.
• Copyright – It includes artistic and literary works such as poems, novels, films, plays, musical works and also paintings, photographs, drawings and sculptures as well as architectural designs. Other rights covered under copyrights include those of performing artists during their performances, phonogram producers and their records as well as broadcasters in their TV and radio programs.
What Can We Do For You As IP& Trademark Lawyers In Greenville, SC?
As an experienced IP & Trademark Lawyer in Greenville, SC, we can handle anything legal related to intellectual property. We can help you file a patent for any trademark, defend your trademark and also present your case before a patent examiner or write a licensing agreement.
We will also help with litigation of any matters related to intellectual property. That means, we can represent you before agencies such as the USPTO or the ITC. We will argue all types of IP law such as trademark law, IP law, trade secret law, copyright law, licensing law or any unfair competition claims.
• We will help you document and file all the relevant forms such as descriptions and drawings of your invention.
• We will determine if your invention is eligible for a patent. For instance, we will assess whether the item is useful, innovative, noel, unique and if it will market well.
• We will perform patent infringement research to make sure that your invention doesn’t encroach on any other idea in the US or another country.
• We will review your patent application to make sure that it doesn’t have any errors and file it on your behalf.
• We will also pay the applicable patent application fees for you.
Remember, you can always choose to do all these things on your own. However, you will spend a lot of time reading, researching, writing descriptions and drawing the invention. With our extensive team, we can handle the process faster and effortlessly.
Why Should You Choose Us?
If you are looking for the best IP & Trademark lawyer in Greenville, SC, here are some of the reasons why you should choose the Law Office Of James Stone Craven, LLC for your needs.
1. Experienced – We are experienced intellectual property and trademark attorneys. We have been in the legal niche, for a long time. During this time, we have handled different types of cases in the intellectual property niche. Therefore, if you have any type of legal case in this niche, we are ready to help and our experience makes up for the expertise in the field.
2. Knowledge Of The Process – Having handled numerous intellectual property cases, we understand the process of filing a patent or a trademark. It might take longer than you had prepared for but our expertise comes in handy in this issue. We have never missed deadlines or missed the necessary requirements for the patent approval process.
3. Handling Complex Issues – Handling intellectual property cases can be quite hectic. If not done properly, it could lead to a lot of complex issues. We have the skills and experience required for handling such complex issues. We have the team necessary to handle the research and discovery process of the entire case.
4. Provide Sound Advice – As long as you know the patent application process, you can do it on your own. However, it’s always advisable to seek legal advice. If you contact us during the process, we will take you through the application process and any other aspects of the process. We can guide you along the way to avoid any conflict of interest during the application.
5. Preparation And Execution – Are you worried that there are too many things to do before you can apply for the patent? Well, we are here to help. We know the preparation and execution process of intellectual property. Therefore, we will prepare the documents and represent you in front of the relevant agencies. You can enjoy some peace of mind when working with us.
The Common Types Of Intellectual Property Disputes
Intellectual property disputes can be classified into property infringement, copyright law disputes, trademark infringements and patent claims. Here’s what you need to know about each of these disputes.
Intellectual property infringement covers the the unauthorized sale, reproduction or use of materials that are protected under intellectual property laws. These include items, materials or works that have been registered for trademark, copyright and patent laws.
2. Copyright Law Disputes
A copyright prevents other people from using your original work. As the owner, you have the right to:
• Distribute copies of the copyrighted work to the public for sale.
• Perform the copyrighted work
• Reproduce the copyrighted work.
Hire us, if you feel that someone has used your original copyrighted work without your permission.
3. Trademark Infringement
It refers to the unauthorized use or reproduction of a trademark such as a brand or logo symbol. Trademark infringement is often considered as deceptive trade practices.
4. Patent Claims
A patent claim describes what your invention covers and you are claiming it as your own. It is used to determine whether your invention can be patented and determine the protection to be covered.